Wednesday, October 10, 2018

I’m back! Whole 30 take 2

So it turned out that that the complete and utter exhaustion that I was feeling was my thyroid going wonky. I made an appointment for last week in desperation. I didn’t realize my numbers were off - I was just going to ask for a brand change to my meds (synthetic to natural) to see if that helped. But when they ran my labs leading up to the appointment they saw that my numbers were actually off and they needed to up my dosage. It is early days yet with the med change. Today is day 5.

I’ve been working out every day since Monday of last week.  Today is day 10.

I started Whole 30 Monday of this week. Today is day 3.

I had been having terrible interrupted sleep, but for the past 2 nights I’ve had good sleep. So something must be helping. I’m still waking up exhausted, but the sleep is definitely better. The meds are giving more energy but I can still feel the underlying exhaustion.

So, 2 days of whole 30. I ate my typical breakfast on Monday, followed by Blue Apron Chicken Curry, grapes on the way home, and Blue Apron Pork Lettuce Wraps (which were freaking fantastic) for dinner. Even the hubby liked the wraps. Had some cantaloupe after.

Day 2 there was drama at work so I only got through half my breakfast. I ate the other half for lunch, grapes on the way home, and lamb burgers for dinner. I was concerned that I’d be hungry due to the lack of lunch but I really wasn’t. I didn’t even eat fruit for dessert.

Today my plan is for a normal breakfast, Cauliflower Pork “fried rice” for lunch, grapes, lamb burger, and I’ve got a banana that needs eating.

Start weight was 142.8. Weight this morning was 140.2. I can already see myself losing the bloat, which absolutely fascinates me.

No comments: