Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Better, I think

When I find myself on the upslope of depression, I'm always afraid of making declarative statements, because I know how quickly the winds can change.  This morning I feel better.  I want to qualify it.  Tell you that I might not stay this way, etc.  But you know that, so I'll just say: this morning I feel better.  This morning I feel like myself.

This weekend was busy.  Saturday we had a wedding shower for my SIL that ate up most of the day.  By the time we hit the grocery store that evening I was super done DONE.

When I woke up Sunday morning all I wanted to do was roll over, but I knew it was RODEO day, and I needed to get my butt in gear.  We learned something this year: Sunday morning at the Rodeo is a good time to go.  It'll pick up like crazy after noon, but for about 2 hours you can go ape on the rides with no lines.  Also, for future reference, I bought one Carnival coupon pack which was totally worth the money and had plenty of tickets for us as a family.  I also bought one $30 food card, and we could have done with 2.  Next year I'll know!  We started at one end, worked our way through, and then rode the gondola back - totally worth the tickets!!!
Funnel cake + wind = powdered sugar all over me. Yum!

It was a fun day.  We got home around 4 and put a movie on and vegged for the rest of the evening.

On the gondola.

The Z is a funhouse nut!

MEAT.

My goofballs.

Really cool topiary park for resting.

Oh yeah and it was right against the Astrodome.

MMMMMMM GOOOOOOD!

No comments: