Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Kitty Yoga

I am a cat lady.  I'm sure I've mentioned that before.  I currently have 3 indoor cats: Grimmy, Cal, and Bast.

There is a litterbox in the hallway outside my bedroom.  It is the *only* litterbox of 4 in the house that is smell-able from the bedroom, but it is necessary because it is the only good spot on that whole side of the house in which to place a litterbox.  And it is used heavily.  So yeah.

Anyways, this morning I was doing yoga and I heard someone get in the box.

I was all, "Please don't poop, please don't poop."

So what does the cat do?

Laid a big giant stinky log.  The offender was Grimmy, since he ran in looking all freaked out right after and tried to break down the closet door to hide, presumably from his own stink.

I thought on it long and hard, and decided to tough out the stink instead of getting up and covering the offering.

I continued on.  It was a good yoga morning.  I was feeling calm and the stretching was feeling really good.  I had just gotten into 4 Legged Table when Cal, the most ginormous of my kitties, decided that'd be a good time to come headbutt me in hopes of a full body rub.  Let's just say: precarious balance + giant kitty headbutt = 3 Legged Table.  Yeah.

He eventually wandered off when he realized no lovin was forthcoming, and I continued on.  As I got near the end, I thought, you know, Grimmy and Cal have both bugged me this morning, wouldn't it be funny if Bast made an appearance before this session is over?

Think and you shall receive.

The last pose in my video is Corpse pose.  As I was lying there, feeling my body turn to sand, I felt a kitty mount my belly and start kneading me, complete with claws!

Baby Bast had the last laugh.

And I'm closing the door next time!

No comments: