Monday, March 3, 2014

February Reading Recap

The Road to Bayou Bridge by Liz Talley: Romance, meh.  Saw it at work and was intrigued, but not really my kind of romance.

Three Little Words by Susan Mallery: Romance - standard Mallery fare.  I like her because I know exactly what I'm getting, and that can be a good thing, sometimes.  Didn't feel as emotionally invested in the pay-off as I'd have liked, this time, though.

Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters: LOVE.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  My dad recommended this to me years and years ago.  I should always read everything my dad recommends because he is always right about books I'll love.  Seriously.  I listened to this one on audiobook.  It took me a bit to adjust to the language, but once I did, it was lovely.  And it took me a bit to adjust to the narrator, whose Amelia sounds a bit like Catherine Hepburn, but so very appropriate to the character.  Love it!

Parcel by Austin Quinn: a self-published book that I got for free from Amazon.  I thought it was a really cool concept.  It just really really needs an editor.

Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters: Still more LOVE.  Her description when she met Ramses for the first time after a number of months was EXACTLY how I sometimes feel about my child.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson: No secret that I love everything by Sanderson. This was no exception.  Loved it!  Can't wait for the next installment!

The Mummy Case by Elizabeth Peters: Love, but not in all caps this time.  I think this will turn into a comfortable series now that the novelty is wearing off.

No comments: