Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Not Today

I didn't have it in me to run today.  I'm not quite sure what is going on.  When I woke up yesterday I had a terrible crick or something in my neck/back.  I powered through the day doing a patented whole body turn instead of ever turning my head, and took ibuprofen last night.  And my legs were sore last night, which I thought was odd because Monday's run was not a hard run.  And yesterday was an arms day, no leg workout.

This morning my legs were still sore and my neck, while better, is still not well.  I was tired and Grimmy was super cuddly, which he hasn't been being, so I thought the universe must be trying to tell me something.  So I laid in bed and then got 35 minutes on the trainer and called it good.

I need to run tomorrow, though.

And I didn't realize it (I mean I did, but not really), but 10 for Texas is only freaking 10 days away.  Holy schnikes!  I need to get at least 8 this weekend, which is going to be difficult because we're going to be in Galveston for Z's birthday.  But I need to make this happen somehow.  Missing the 8 last weekend and missing my mojo for the last 2 weeks does not a confident 10 miler make.  I am ok that it will be my first 10 miler of the season - I've been treating races as nice long supported training runs, after all - and I know if I can get an 8 than I can get to 10 one way or the other.  But I'm starting to get nervous!

And I need this little blip to be just that - a blip that is over by tomorrow. 

I can do this.  Thrill of the fight, and all that.

No comments: