Monday, October 29, 2012

Lemm Harvest Trail 5K Race Report

Saturday morning I had planned on 5 or 6 miles to precede the Houston Half Relay that I had on tap for Sunday - good old two-day-in-a-row training.  In my race packet from the 10 for Texas, I noticed a flier for the Lemm Harvest Trail 5K, which starts off about a mile from my house.  So, perfect.  I ran to the start, signed up, ran the packet over to my parents' house (closer to race start than my house), ran back to the start and sat on a curb reading my Kindle app until the start.

Ran 5K through the park.  It was chip timed, but I can't find the results online, and since I sandwiched this run I have no idea my 5K time.  The park is really a lovely one, 3 lakes, crushed granite trails, etc.  And the run was really nice.  I was #116, and they were going in order, on a race day sign-up, so really tiny, but that gave the whole thing a really nice grassroots feel.  There were tons of waterstops with little Boy Scouts manning the stations.  Tons of families and kids running.  It was totally relaxed and just... nice.

I wasn't sure how they'd mark the trails off in the park, and I was worried it'd get confusing, because I use that park and the map looked confusing to me, but they were *really* smart.  They used those strings of flags all over the place and it was honestly totally clear and understandable where you were supposed to be going.  I was really impressed.

Before I knew it, I was done.  I grabbed a bottle of water and ran home.  5.5 miles in 55 minutes, total.

Because the next stop that day would be....

Ren Fest!

No comments: