Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Working on AD's House

P's grandmother is sending movers to pack up AD's house next week.  So we went over last weekend to get more of his things.

I found this little box with a mirror-window on the lid.  It was one of those that you have to figure out the correct way to slide the lid to open it.  I kind of struggled with it, but for some reason I was bound and determined to see what was inside.

It was this.

A stack of pictures featuring Preston... and me.

And one was the last picture I ever took with my beloved Papa.  (Pronounced Pawpaw.  But he isn't a cat.  So spelled Papa.)

I don't know how AD had a copy of that picture.  But I do know that she was the kind of woman who had a picture of me and my Papa and her Preston wasn't in it, but she saved it.  She saved it in a really pretty box.  She saved it because she was love.

I hadn't really broken down and cried over Aunt Dollie until I found that picture.

No comments: