Thursday, June 21, 2012

They grow up so fast!

Tuesday I wore a new necklace.  Big, for me.  When I went to pick Zoë up from daycare, she kept touching it and saying, "Necklace".  I said, "Yes, that's Mommy's new necklace.  Do you like it?"  I was expecting her to say, "Oh yeah", which is standard response for yes currently, but instead she looked up, right into my eyes, and said, "I like your necklace, Mommy."  Seriously.  I was floored, more by the sentence construction and the conversational aspect of the interaction than by the sentiment.

This morning I was wearing an old standard, but still loved, necklace and she was messing with it, so I asked her if she liked it.  This morning I got, "Oh yeah".  I kind of laughed about that, but then she looks up at me and said, "Cute!"  (Which sounds like "coot".)  This morning I was floored by the coot. :-)

And here's a coot one for you:

No comments: