Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

To think: last year I was disappointed in my performance! This year I *really* fell short. As in: didn't even hit last year's goals! I just couldn't imagine what I would go through mentally after I completed the marathon. But, to keep it all fair and honest, here is a review of my goals from last year, and how I performed:

Swim: 141,000 yards (80 miles) - FAIL. 80,000 yards.
Bike: 1000 miles - FAIL. 436 miles.
Run: 1000 miles - EPIC FAIL. 533 miles, and injured.
Lift: 50 times - FAIL. 15 times.
Core: 50 times - FAIL. 19 times.

My weight goal? Get back below 130 (damnit), and then maintain 125-130lbs. - Sorta. Got below 130, and spent 240 days within range.

Athletically, I had a bit of a stall this year. That's ok. These things happen. I am still a runner. I still love to run. I'm just a little injured. I am still a triathlete, though I'm thinking about focusing more on running in 2010. But swimming is the only thing I can do right now, and may be the only thing I can do for the next 6 or so months, so I'll still be doing "tri training".

Humanly, I'm in a better place than last year. I made a decision regarding my job. I promoted into the "glass ceiling" position. And I am happier for it. I miss the people at my old job, but I love the work in my new job. And I am actually happy to pause what has been a rather meteoric rise through the ranks of this company. I am challenged in my new position, and I'd like to take a while to actually learn it and get my feet back on the ground!!

I wrote my grateful post on Thanksgiving. I'm still grateful for all that!

No comments: