Friday, January 1, 2010

2010: The Plan

My final 2009 tally looked like this:
Swim: 80,000 yards (45.45 miles)
Bike: 436 miles
Run: 532 miles
Weight: down 2.4 pounds

So, what's on tap for 2009? What are my resolutions? My goals?

I resolve to try to do what it takes to be happy, whether that be swim, bike, run, rest, work hard, or have fun.

My goals are as follows:
Swim: go far, get faster, and feel good in the water
Bike: do some of that
Run: HEAL, then train for BB50k
Lift: do some of that
Core: do LOTS of that

My weight goal? Get below 130 (damnit), and maintain 125-130lbs.

The Plan? I've got 3 Halfs to go before I finish all the ones I signed up for before I got injured. I'm not training for them. I'm walk/jogging them, walking them entirely if necessary. The goal is to get through them without kicking off my knee (more). Then I will cease running and biking and doing anything at all that pisses off the knee for AT LEAST 8 weeks or until I'm healed. I will swim and lift (no knee stuff) and core during this time. I may gain some weight. This is ok if this is what is necessary. I'll keep telling myself that in hopes that I'll start believing it...

When I'm healed, I'll start training for whichever of the Big Bend races I still have time to train for. In my wildest dreams, I'll do the 50K. But if there isn't time to get there uninjured, I'll do the 25K or even the 10K if necessary. That's it. That's the only race on my calendar after March and until I'm uninjured.

Tough way to start a new season, but c'est la vie.

In non-running planning, I want us to do some work on our house this year, and it is the perfect time since I'll be sidelined. New floors and new doors are at the top of the list.

I want to keep improving at my job, and keep enjoying myself.

I want to vacation in France.

I want to have fun!!

No comments: