Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Dreams

Last night I dreamt that I was in a running race. We had to run laps around this giant building complex-thing, complete with stairs and hallways and turns, etc. First we ran 3 laps, then waited for everyone to come back. Then two laps of a different course, then waited again. Then one lap of yet another course. On this one, I was in first place among the females (this is how we know it is a dream), so they put me in front with the lead male. There was one other guy faster than me, so I let him in front of me too, saying that there was no reason not to start in order of actual ability. I really wanted him in front of me because I was afraid of getting lost on the course!! This lap had tons of stairs, and there was a section where the stairs met (like a V shape), and we had to run up and down that part several times. Then, at the end, we ended up in this gym where there was a list of exercises that we had to finish. I started out with squats, but by the time I got to 20, my quads were killing me, and I needed to get to 100! So I wanted to try an arm exercise to give my quads a break, but I couldn't figure out how to work the machine. So I decided to do some core exercises, but they didn't have standard names, so the list of what I had to do referred me to this magazine that had pictures, but I couldn't find the thing! Finally I decided to go for squats again, but my legs gave out just before I got to 40. Then I woke up.

The funny thing is that I'm not even preparing for a race right now!

1 comment:

j. said...

can I tell you I kind of love this dream? ha. because oh, but you are!