Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fit Run #2

Last week I grumpified my knee with an hour and a half on the bike trainer on Wednesday. I ran on Thursday, then took Aleve (love this stuff!) and stayed off it on Friday. All 3 of my runs went well - no walking. It was really nice to have a nice low number of minutes of running (no distance) to shoot for, because I was able to mentally stop beating myself up for not going a certain amount of time or distance without walking.

So I went into Saturday feeling good. I arrived about 3 minutes late, and was just able to latch on to the Yellow group as they started running. I don't know what it is about running with people that makes me faster (not race faster, but able to sustain faster for long periods of time at a lower RPE), but I found myself passing the runners in the back to settle into a nice 9:30ish pace. Still didn't find a friend to run with. Perhaps I'm just not the friendly looking sort. I'm hoping that just having people *around* on the long runs will be enough, but we'll see.

That would be my only real complaing about WF - that it is already so cliquey that it is difficult to come in as a newbie.

With that said, I tried to grow some balls and introduced myself to one of the Yellow coaches and asked her a few questions and she introduced me to one additional person, so maybe next time...

As an aside, I think that has been one of the most difficult things for me as an adult - making and keeping friends. It makes me kind of sad...

No comments: