Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Catch Up

There has been a lot of crazy stuff going on lately, so I've been neglecting the blog. But I'm back, and with a new "resolution".

I joined the Woodlands FIT for Houston Marathon Training last week. No big deal yet. I ran a 30:20 5K time trial (at a semi-comfortable pace, certainly not maxed) for a solid placement into the Yellow group. That is right where I wanted to be for a target pace of 9:20 for the marathon. (I know I probably won't achieve this. I know it is my first marathon, and my one true goal is simply to finish. But I also believe that I should train to run my best marathon, so even if/when I am unable to do that, I can still finish.) Anyways, I really want to come back to more regular posting to this blog so I can chronicle my first marathon training experience. So there it is.

On another note, I was finally able to find the results posted from the (one) 5K I ran in St. Louis, MO, while I was on vacation a month ago. It was a 29 flat. The short story on that race was that it was warmer than I had hoped (mid-70's), humider than I had hoped (gently raining at the start), and hillier than I trained for (there were actual hills!). Taking all of that into account, I was really quite pleased with the 29. And in looking at the results, I see that I was 6th in the 20-29 age group. Another high finish for me, just out of the top 5 again. One of my goals for next year is to start cracking into the top 5 more regularly, if possible (I know I can't control who shows up, but I can run faster!).

No comments: