Friday, January 4, 2019

“Whole 22”

I'm doing a "Whole 22" instead of a Whole 30 because I've got some stuff at the end of January that is a deal breaker.  I started on January 1 and I was SO ready to eat cleanly again!!

Day 1:
Breakfast: Beef and Veggie scramble (Myers) with an egg on top. Hereafter known as “The Usual”.
Lunch: breakfast was super late, but bedtime was normal, so it was a two meal day.
Dinner: Chicken Non-Noodle Soup (https://www.realfoodwholelife.com/blog/slow-cooker-chicken-pot-pie-gluten-free-dairy-free) and roasted potato fries 

Day 2:
Breakfast: The Usual
Lunch: Chicken Non-Noodle Soup
Snack: Not very good grapes
Dinner: Lamb Burger with roasted potato fries

Day 3: 
Breakfast: The Usual
Lunch: Chicken Non-Noodle Soup
Snack: Cuties
Dinner: Blue Apron Pork Lettuce Cups (https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/pork-lettuce-cups-with-cauliflower-rice-marinated-tomatoes) with roasted potato fries
Notes: I've been having headaches, really bad headaches.  It didn't strike me that it might be related to the diet until I read some ladies on my support group talking about the carb flu.  Voila!  Ok, so it sucks but at least I know it is temporary.

Day 4:
Breakfast: The Usual
Lunch: Lamb burger (Myers) with cucumber
Dinner: Either the last of the chicken non-noodle or the pork lettuce cups again.
Notes: Headache still present but I don't think it is as severe.  This morning weight was 139.4.  It is amazing how quickly I drop the bloat when I start eating cleanly!  I'm craving a cookie pretty hard right now.  I keep dreaming that I've slipped and I wake up convinced that it was real.  Very odd.

I've exercised every morning so far this year. ;-)

No comments: