Monday, March 23, 2015

On with the plan!

Ran 3.2 miles this morning at closer to a 12 minute pace.  Ran 5/walked 90 seconds.  Took 40 minutes total.

Before I fell asleep last night I was envisioning myself stepping out of the house and sort of loping into a smooth strong run.  I could feel power in my core.  I had excellent posture.  I was strong.

I don't know if that is what helped, or if it was the most perfect 55 degree temperature, or the accidentally waking up 15 minutes before my alarm which ensured I had plenty of time, but I felt good this morning.  Really good.  I probably didn't need half of those walk breaks, but I took them anyways because the goal was the distance this morning, not the speed.

Really excited to have the "longer" run done on a Monday so I can not worry about it for the rest of the week!

No comments: