Sunday, December 23, 2012

Crossroads Dreaming

So I had a dream last night.  I think it was really, really literal.  But also full of imagery from some of my recent experiences.

I was running and biking (alternately, possible because it was a dream - also ironically, I don't suck at biking in my dreams) on this path through this greenspace to visit a friend.  It was a dirt path, single track.  I get to this crossroads and there are 3 paths before me.  I take the right one, almost without thinking, but when I get a little ways down it, I second guess myself and turn back and go back to the crossroads.  When there, I get out my phone and turn on the GPS and try to figure out where I'm going, but can't.  Am so confused.  Come upon this nice family that convinces me that none of the paths are correct, so I end up heading back to the head of the trail to go a different way.

Then suddenly I'm in a tall building.  I'm in an upper floor, with a friend from childhood.  The building is supposed to be closed and we aren't supposed to be there, so we're running around looking for the correct bank of elevators to get us to the lobby where we'll be able to blend with people.  There's lots of running and looking, but finally we get on the elevator and are headed down.  When we get to the lobby, we blend and meet up with more people.  This friend and I have a mutual friend, the same one I was trying to visit in the part above, and she looks right at me and gives me a warning to be careful with the emotions of our mutual friend.  And I'm stunned.

And then I wake up.

No comments: