Friday, July 13, 2012

My Place

Mom had been taking Z to school every morning so I could go to work early. That means waking her up, getting her ready, everything. Thursday I was able to take Z. When I went up to her room to wake her, the conversation went like this:
Me, turning on light: Good morning, Zoƫ.
Z: Hi Gaga!
Me: No baby, it's Mama.
Z: Good morning, Gaga!
Me, picking her up: No baby, it's Mama, I love you. Gaga is at her house today.
Z, finally opening her eyes, looks right into my eyes and taps my chest and says: No Gaga, just Mommy.
So I guess I know my place on the totem pole.

When I told P about it, he groaned that when we come back from Paris Z won't even care.
Me: Honey badger won't give a shit!
P: Zero fucks will be given.

Perhaps we both know our places on the totem pole.

Gotta say it does make me feel better about ditching the Kid with Gaga while we go to Paris for 8 days, though!

No comments: