Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Goal Review

August Goals:

1.  I really want to get to the 5 days per week of working out; just as much as I wanted it back in June!  I think with the baby it just isn't happening for me.  It is ok if it doesn't.  And if I have to set the goal at 5 days to get my actual performance to 4, then so be it.  5 days a week is my dream.  4 is my slightly more reasonable expectation.

Nix on both of those: First I thought I broke my toe, and that cost me a week.  Then I took a vacation!  And I'm not sorry for that.

2.  This month I really truly want to focus on core.

Nope: I did really really well for the first week, then messed up my toe (did you know how many core exercises require your toe?) and got off track, then vacationed... la la la...

Informal goals: I want to make significant progress on the house this month. 

Some success on this one!  Preston is almost (FINALLY) done with the upstairs floor - I think (hope, pray) that he'll finish this week.  We had a contractor come over to give us an estimate on all the work we want done.  And on vacation we really stayed home and cleaned/tidied/worked quite a bit.  Quite pleased on this front.

Weight on August 1 was 133.  Weight September 1 was 132.4.  Slow month, but that wasn't unexpected, with everything that went on.

September goals:

1.  Get back to it, really.  My vacation swung into September, so any type of quantitative goal is probably out the window.  I have made a goal of running a 5 miler on Thanksgiving morning.  That gives me 2.5(ish) months to basically double my mileage.  That shouldn't be rocket science, but it will require me to be more devoted to running than I have been.  I started with yesterday morning's run - 2.5 miles, no walk breaks.  I didn't run this morning because I'm all kinds of sore from yesterday (that's what a lay-off will do to me!), but I did stationary bike for recovery.  Going to run again tomorrow morning.  And I need to start finding a way to do a weekend "long" run - I just can't run much farther than 3ish miles right now in the morning unless I want to get up EVEN EARLIER than 3:30.  Hint: I don't.

2.  Get some core work in.

3.  This is my last month of full-time breastfeeding/pumping!  Halla-freaking-luyah!  Prepare for some weaning.

Informal goals:  More working on the house.  Finish the upstairs completely.  Hopefully hire a contractor and get started downstairs.  Get the Z's birthday party planned.

No comments: