Monday, October 4, 2010

My "Status": Signs of Labor

Let's review the common signs of labor and my current status in each category (this should be fun).  I've tried to keep this from being tmi, but if you don't know what a sign is and you google it, that's on you.

Dilation:  Check. 2-3 cm at last appt. (Friday)

Effacement:  Check. 60% (again) at last appt.

Baby "drops":  Check. -1 station at last appt. Plus an increased ability to breathe and a refreshing lack of heartburn.

"Discomfort":  Check.  My pelvis/tailbone feels like I've repeatedly slammed down in a concrete chair.  My belly has developed its own center of gravity.  I keep falling over.  I can't sleep.  All positions, standing, sitting, laying make me want to change my position.  My back is even starting to hurt a little, for the first time in the entire pregnancy.

Spurts of energy:  Check.  Think this would have started earlier if I hadn't been sick, since I layed on the couch for several days staring at the dust on the TV stand and wanting to kill it, but from yesterday my house is cleaner than it has been in awhile.  (And thanks to Preston for helping with this, and to Tyler and Mara for deciding to come by on Sunday and thus giving us some outside impetus.)

Grumpy stomach: Check. 5 days now.

Loss of mucous plug:  I *think* so...

Contractions: YES.  Check.  Super check.  Getting-really-sick-of-having-them-without-them-being-real-labor-CHECK.

"Show":  Nope.

Water breaks:  Nope.

So, seriously, all signs pointing to impending labor.  Let's get on with it already!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: