Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Houston, we have a Garden!


We finally got the garden built!

We used boards left over from when my parents built their house years ago, so only spent maybe $40 in supplies.  Plus then another $100 on dirt, but really with all the roots in our area, it is the only way to get clear planting.  I filled the boxes as much as possible with leaves before we added the dirt, to save on costs.

We actually built 4 boxes but the other two don't have dirt yet.  I think we will see how these go and then go from there.

We planted several tomatoes and peppers, 2 broccoli plants, one squash, a watermelon and a cantaloupe.  And yes, I'm aware that the watermelon and cantaloupe will run out.  We're just going to see how that goes.  Also I planted a short row of carrots, onions, and radishes.

I am so excited!

No comments: