Friday, January 4, 2013

January Goals

So, even though I haven't written my race report yet, you know I pulled out of the Day After the End of the World Half after 7 miles.  This was because at the End of the World Half I felt my right knee, the old injury from Oct 2009, tweaking around 11 miles in.  When I started the next day, it hurt from the very first step.  Those 7 miles were mostly walking, with walking itself hurting by mile 5, so I pulled out to try and avoid a long-term injury.

I have to say all of that to explain that January's athletic goal is P90X oriented.  I want to do 6 days a week, every other day P90X and the days in between core work plus some sort of aerobic cross training.  So going off the P90X recommended order, here:
1: Chest & Back
2: Core 1/XT
3: Plyometrics
4: Core 2/XT
5: Yoga X
6: Core 3/XT
7: Rest
8: Arms & Shoulders
9: Core 1/XT
10: Legs and Back
11: Core 2/XT
12: Kenpo
13: Core 3/XT
14: Rest
Rinse, repeat.
Today was day 4, and I've ridden my trainer both times for XT.  I am not ruling out a run in another week or two, but I'm really trying to listen to my knee, so we'll see.  Oh, and also, I'M SO SORE!!!

Book goal: let's go with 4 again.  I've got 2 Kindle library books checked out (Goodbye for Now and Fallen Angels), so those HAVE to get done.  And I really need to finally finish Killing Moon.  And I've already started Something Red.  So those 4, and all are related to my committee, btw.  More would be better, too!

Financial goal: Pay off Edward.

House goal: work on AD's - maids.

No comments: