Wednesday, January 2, 2013

12 in 2012 - The Great Goal Review Post

Goals for the Year:
Lose 12 pounds in 2012.  Weight on 1/1 was 138.8.  Weight on 12/1 was 130.8.  Weight on 1/1 was 131.6, but really, less than a pound over the holidays = SOLD.  I didn't lose 12 lbs this year, but honestly I never thought I would.  I set the goal high and really just hoped to go sub-130.  I *did* manage that, even if only for a few days, but I'm within spitting distance of it now and know I'll hit that target range for good very soon.  All in all, didn't make my goal, but I count this a success.
Read at least 12 books (other than to my child) in 2012.  Got my 4 required books read, but barely. Total to 99 for the year!  Blew this one out of the water!
Race 12 times in 2012. 2.5 this month.  Completed the La Porte By the Bay Half, the End of the World Half, and half of the Day after the End of the World Half for my first DNF ever.  Race reports to follow.  Means I'm left with 11 for the year.  But, BUT considering how crappily the year started with all the DNS's and everything, I'm really pretty pleased with this.
And I have one other secret 12 goal. 1?  Maybe?  But met this goal a long time ago.

Goals for December:
Continued progress towards 2012 goals.  It may be unreasonable, but I'd really like to go sub 130 on my weight for the first time this year.  Check!
Complete 3 half marathons, and don't lose my mojo after.  Fail.  Started 3, finished 2.  But as I'll explain in my race report, I think DNF'ing was absolutely the right choice, and the HARDER choice, and I'm proud of myself for making it.
Start core work again. And maybe P90X after the races.  P90X started on 12/31.  Core work started with the new year.  Check.
Pick back up the committee reading, hard core.  Better, but need to keep at it.
Financial goals: liquidate SMH and reallocate to J. Get direct deposit for N.  Fail and check.  Ok.
House goals: get another quote on the floors, pick a company, and get started! Finish cleaning out AD's house AND get the maids in there AND get a quote on the work we need done there.  Massive fail.  This was probably too much to ask for a holiday month.
Other: enjoy the holidays. :-)  Not exactly - the stuff going on in my personal life really put a damper on the holidays for me this year.

No comments: