Friday, November 7, 2008

HMSA 25K On the Way

HMSA 25K is this Sunday, and I'm running it.

I'm rather hoping for redemption from the Houston Half's rather disappointing run...

I am feeling better. I've hit all of my runs this week, all of my workouts, and I've really felt good for almost all of them (yesterday's 4 miler being the exception, but I'm certain that it was just the weather - I slept in and ended up running in 70 degree temps instead of my beloved 50's). I really feel back on track after two weeks of feeling almost-but-not-quite-sick, and definitely in the doldrums.

I ran up to Luke's yesterday and grabbed two new wristbands and a new set of socks to try, and most importantly, an Amphipod pouch that will attach to my running shorts for me to carry my gels in on long races when I don't want to run with my Fuel Belt. I know not to try anything new in races, but I will be trying that. If something bad happens, well, it is a 3 loop course, so I can toss the pouch off to Preston if I need to.

So, my goals? I'd really like to run anything sub-2:35. That would be 10 minute miles. I believe that I need to try to go out just a bit slower so hopefully I don't blow up so badly at the end, so that is a goal. In the absence of these two goals, I just want to finish! It'll be my longest race to date, but I've also got a shot at redemption coming up next week at the San Antonio Half, so I need to focus on not doing so much damage that I feel terrible and miss all of my workouts next week. I know that all it takes to do that is a super-slow pace, so even though I want a sub-2:35, I recognize that it may not be wise, and will try to run my race accordingly.

I'll post the results on the flip side...

No comments: