Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Great Nutrition Experiment, Take 4, and Miscellaneous

Cliff Shot Energy Gel - Razz: Nasty. I wanted to like this one, but no dice. No GI problems.

Cliff Shot Energy Gel - Mocha: Not quite as nasty, but I still wouldn't buy it again. No GI problems.

Speaking of GI problems, I had a big one on yesterday morning's run. These problems are becoming fewer, but more severe when they occur. And they are seriously frustrating. I ended up walking A LOT of that run because of the pain. I'll leave it at that.

In other news, it had been being quite nice in the mornings, post Ike. In the upper 50's and 60's. Really quite lovely. It was amazing to me the improvement that moving the mercury down below 70 would do for me. Not any more!! Yesterday morning it was in the mid 70's and humid, and this morning it was almost 80(!!!!!) and so humid that it is now raining. I looked down at one point and I was shuffling along at 12 minute miles, totally out of breath, and my heart rate was 209(!!!). UGH!!! I can't wait for the lovely fall weather to come back...

No comments: