Thursday, March 6, 2008

My First Tri-Dream

I think this dream was a result of stress at work and also starting to train for CBI Sprint Tri in May...

So, I had totally trained for a sprint tri, but I end up at an Ironman competition. Which for some reason, I didn't drop out of, even though I was totally unprepared. The competition was starting at 6am, and I set my alarm for 4:45am. But when I woke up I realized that I totally hadn't allowed enough time to eat and then poo before the start. And when I started getting ready I realized I hadn't packed my special needs bags or my T1 and T2 stuff. I hadn't even labeled the bags or taken them off the strange grocery bag type holder, you know not the roll of bags, but the flat one where you pull the bag off. I also hadn't read the rules/regulations/athletes' instructions. So I'm trying to read the packet to figure out what to do, but instead of reading the instructions, I get in this loop of reading the list of athletes' names that was included in the packet and cross-referencing the list with some other list that suddenly appeared in my hand (this is totally the work part). And I couldn't read the instructions until I finished.

Then I woke up. Feeling very very frantic.

Then I went to the Y and swam 2700 yards in 70 minutes to get out of the dream. Woot.

Which, btw, this week is my first week wearing a swim cap. Not my favorite. Not my favorite to get on (real struggle with the long hair, which I braid first). Not my favorite over my ears (makes funny noises, allows a little water in, then hurts eventually). Not my favorite feeling (is there an oven around my head? Oh, no, it's my swim cap! Grr.). But my hair loves it, and I know I have to get used to it. Surely it'll get better.

No comments: