Sunday, February 3, 2008

Numbers and Pictures

Here are the numbers from that tempo run on Thursday:

Mile 1: 10:07
Mile 2: 8:46
Mile 3: 9:40

And here are the numbers from my 7 mile run yesterday. That's right, 7 miles!

Mile 1: 9:26
Mile 2: 9:38
Mile 3: 9:46
Mile 4: 9:42
Mile 5: 9:54
Mile 6: 10:01
Mile 7: 10:09

I really started dying a bit towards the end there, but am pleased that I went the distance. The weather was warm: 64 degrees when I left, and over 70 degrees when I got back. I think that led to the fast first mile, which felt so incredibly easy at that pace that I actually thought I was going 10+, but also contributed to the slow-down throughout the run.

Also, I wore my HRM, which I don't always do, and I stayed steady in the 170's for the first half of the run, but then my HR crept up into the high 170's and low 180's for the last half, reflecting my slowdown. I'd like to work on lowering my HR... this was bout 80-90 percent of max for me.

And finally, here are a few pics Preston took last weekend at the Mardi Gras 10K in Galveston.

Freezing while waiting for the start on the Seawall. Note my awesome skullcap with ponytail-hole.
Finishing. With both feet off the ground!

With my well-deserved bagel in front of the ocean.

No comments: