Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Changing Philosophies

I've been thinking a lot about this sort of amorphous "I'd like to" form of goal-setting that I'm doing this year, and I think that part of the reason that I need it to be that way is I need successes.  I need to be proud of myself and my accomplishments, and I need to be present and happy in my life.

So I think it is about focusing on successes.  Yesterday I counted my calories, I exercised, and I created the syllabus for the Spring course I'm teaching.  That is one good on the eating, one good on the moving, and one good on things that stress me out.  That is a good day.  Period.

This morning I exercised, I made a doctor's appointment, and I so far have counted my calories.  I took a moment when I got to work to appreciate the work I did last week.  I've done good things so far today.  That is good.

I'm going to take this and try to keep it up.  I think this is a good way to be in my head.

It's about the journey, right?  When I lay dying I'm not going to be so proud that I accomplished every workout session or never over ate.  I'm going to be happy that I felt good so that I could enjoy my life.  Journey before destination.  Onward!

No comments: