Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Reading Recap

Divergent/Insurgent/Allegiant by Veronica Roth: Listened to on audiobook and loved.  It is funny because a blogger I respect totally slammed the trilogy as being all teen angst.  Well... it is.  But, BUT, it has a message.  A number of good messages, really, delivered in an interesting way.  I must admit that by the end I was all, "Really?  You need to lead ANOTHER uprising?  How many of these things can happen to YOU?"  So what started out as a 5 star series for me worked its way down to a 4.  But looking back at Goodreads, I was writing down quotes all over the place.  Which for me is the highest compliment.  It is good.  Highly recommended.

Fan Art by Sarah Tregay: This was a nice YA read.  Elevated a bit by the subject matter, but not super special.  I enjoyed it.

Wait for You/Be with Me/Trust in Me by J. Lynn: Teen romance, lol!  But well-loved teen romance, and I enjoyed it too.

I clearly went with a YA themed January.  YA is my go-to beach read, steady enjoyment, mental break space.  It was lovely!!  I do have plans to graduate back to adulthood for February, though...

2014 running book total: 7

No comments: