Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ABCs of Me

For fun:
 
A~Age: 29. For one more month.
B~ Bed Size: Queen.
C~Chore you hate: Taking out the trash.
D~Dogs: No, no time.  Cats!
E~Essential Start your Day Item: Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappuccino.
F~Favorite Color: Blue.
G~Gold or Silver: Gold.
H~Height: 5’ 5".
I~Instruments you play: I used to play piano, clarinet, bass drum.
J~Job Title: Librarian IV.
K~Kids: Zoë.
L~Live: Houston, TX.
M~Mom’s Name: Sandy.
N~Nicknames: Bik.
O~Overnight Hospital Stays: Only 1, for 2 nights, for having The Kid.
P~Pet Peeve: You're means "you are"; your means "your".  Also, Yay = "woohoo, yipee!", Yea is pronounced yay = "indeed", Yeah (pronounced yah-uh) = slangy "yes".
Q~Quote from a Movie: I quote movies *all* the time, but I come up blank when prompted.  C'est la vie.
R~Right or Left Handed: Right.
S~Siblings: Half-bro and estranged half-sister, both over 20 years older.
T~Time you wake up: 3:15am.  To pump.  I cannot wait until I can quit with that and go back to 4am!
U~Underwear: Yes.
V~Vegetable you Dislike: Asparagus. Gag me with stringyness.
W~What Makes You Late: Nothing.  I don't believe in being late.  I used to have a band director who said, "If you're early, you're on time.  If you're on time, you're late.  If you're late, you're down."  And down meant push-ups.  And I would have done anything to avoid the embarrassment of trying to do push-ups in front of the other kids on my toothpick-sized arms.  So I developed a habit of *extreme* earliness.  And I like it that way.
X-rays ~You’ve had Done: Teeth, wrist, knee.
Y~Yummy Food you Make: Roast and mashed potatoes, a recipe from my mother.  And recently, Oatmeal Blueberry muffins, a recipe from Epicurious.  I also make an excellent Pineapple Pecan cake with a cream cheese icing.  All of these from scratch, of course.
Z~Zoo Animal Favorites: I love all animals,  but seeing them locked up makes me sad.

No comments: