Thursday, August 21, 2008

Almost time to tri again

Not much time to post, lately. Sorry for that.

Doing the Clearlake Int'l Tri this Saturday. A bit nervous. When I signed up about a month and a half ago, the decision was difficult for me. I know I can do each of the distances seperately, no problem. 1k swim. I do that every time I hit the water, at least twice per week. 30k bike. That'll be the hardest, but it is only about 3 miles farther than CB&I, so I know it is doable. 10k run. I'm already up over that in FIT, so obviously doable, even in the heat.

With all of that said, my real goal is just to finish. This will be my first foray into anything longer than a sprint (though I know that this isn't even as long as an olympic tri!), and certainly my first endurance event over 90ish minutes.

Of course, I do have some times in mind. Anything less than 3 hours should be totally doable, even if I blow up. Based on my times at the CB&I, if I can just keep the pace up, I should be able to pull a 2:45 (12 min swim doubles to 24, 55 min bike plus 15 min for 3 more slow miles, and 60 minutes for the run, plus 4 minutes for slow transitions), and if my day is truely stellar, then 2:30 would be my out-of-this-world amazed goal.

I'm nervous, but we'll see how she goes. Just going to try to forget all of these numbers, have fun, and finish upright. Oh, and learn from my CB&I mistakes, and learn from any new ones I make, which I'm sure I'll do....

No comments: